Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Federal government has filed to sue Arizona

First off let me state how much of blatant waste of taxpayer dollars this really is. 

Several months ago, Arizona passed a state law, that enforced a federal law.  That's right people, illegal immigration was already illegal before Arizona got off her ass and decided to enforce it.  It also required officers of the law to check immigration/citizenship status during traffic stops, investigations, etc.  To all of you that want to cry about "profiling", I'll address you later.....

Now, the federal government sees fit to sue Arizona.  Check out here, here, and here.  This is SOOOO wrong on so many levels.

For the "OMG, that's profiling..." crowd.....
    
     Okay, I understand why you think that to be a bad thing, believe me I get it.....  Where your logic falls short, is when you fail to realize that you are profiled EVERY DAY.  You are profiled by other people, by people you know, as well as others.....  Do you remember the last time you were asked for ID?  Was it when you used a credit card, bought beer, bought smokes, got pulled over by the po po, or went to a rated R movie???  Guess what folks, you got profiled.  Hate to break it to ya, but you did......  Now, if you are within the legal bounds on any of those things, you don't have a problem proving your age or legal status, I know I sure as hell don't.  Why then is it so hard for you to apply the same responsibility to everyone else in this country?  This is something you are okay with when it is done to you, but OMG if someone else gets profiled......

As for you "OMG that's racist!" crowd.....

     Puh-lease!! The law is not racist by any stretch of the word, unless you want to make it about race.  Illegal, is illegal, is illegal, is illegal.  Just ask the underage drinker, the pedophile, the embezzler, the crack slinger, etc. when they get busted.  Are we to now, as a country, cry that all laws are racist against someone or something, when we get caught breaking the law??

Now that the idiots are dealt with.....  Let's move on, to the real discussion.  Immigration is supposed to be controlled by the Federal government.  There are federal laws against illegal immigration. 

What is a state to do, when they feel like the government is NOT doing their job?

The government has obviously taken note of Arizona's plan to enforce federal laws.  Why then has the government decided that the state has no right to protect its own interests, when the federal government, has refused to and IS REFUSING to take care of the situation?

The only action that the Federal government is taking, is to tell Arizona to knock it off, and let us do our job.  Which they are not doing.  It would appear that Arizona's interests and safety, are of no real concern to the Fed.  If one state's, interests are of no concern to Fed, how sure am I that my state's interests will be protected?

In my opinion, it is plain to see that the Federal government is seeking to expand its power, all the while usurping the rights of the states.  It is also plain to see, that the Federal government has no real intention of addressing the problem and ease of illegal immigration any time soon.  I would close with asking everyone in eyesight of these words, what is a state to do when the Federal government falls short of protecting its borders and a state's interest.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I AGREE!!!!! 100%
I think with things like this our country will crumble. All of our time effort and money from out federal government goes to the wrong places on a daily basis. Our leaders have backwards morals and will do anything to make a buck or win a vote.
NO one wants to piss off the liberals and the cry babies. Its ridiculous!!!
You can be a white person and be an illegal immigrant. If you are here illegally then you are breaking the law and need to be dealt with. If you arent breaking the law then why does it matter if someone checks your ID!!!
I was at walmart the other day buying a DVD and the cashier asked to check my ID cuz it was rated R. You have to be over 17 to purchase a rated R movie and well she thought I looked young so she asked!!! I wasnt offended. taken back but not offended!!!
Anyways I totally agree with this post and I glad you said every word.
I dont get why any one in the whole country would oppose the law in Arizona.
Maybe if we did a little more "profiling" (if thats what you wanna cal it) then maybe we wouldn't get violently attacked on our own soil.
people seems to forget that event real quick.
It pisses me off that My husband sacrifices so much for this country to protect it and then the federal government undermines that by not enforcing the laws to keep us safe. UGGGGG!!!

Post a Comment

Comment away.....

About Me

My Photo
Will
I'm Will, I'm me, I live in an average American town, in a modest house. I have an honest job, and I work till the workin's done. I like a lot things, and dislike few. I love my wife.
View my complete profile

Followers

Grab a button

The Man Cave