Monday, July 12, 2010

An atypical weekend......

I haven't been working Friday's lately, and it's given me some time to do things that I wouldn't normally get around to.  Idle hands are of the Devil, right?

I had a varitable cornucopia of happenings this weekend.  I got up on Friday, and slayed the dragon that was my yard.  Later, I met up with a buddy, to go do some shooting.  The armament of choice was the 12 ga. shotgun, my favorite.  We are plumbers, so we had a few old plumbing fixtures to punish with extreme prejudice.

Have any of you ever seen what a shotgun slug does to a toilet?  Have you ever wanted to see a toilet EXPLODE?

Saturday, I fixed my wife's Jeep.  It has been over-heating, and I determined the first problem to be the thermostat.  My blogger friends, you must know that I am no stranger to automotive repair.  I have the scars on my hands as credentials. 

The repair went really quick.  I was surprised.  I got all dirty, which apparently turns my wife on.  Of course she is in Honduras........  The thing that surprised me the most, was how it felt to get engine dirty again.....  It had been a LONG time since I last worked on something, and I admit that working on her car actually felt good, and not because I was serving my wife.  That felt good too.

Sunday, I listened to a really good lesson on the Atonement of our Savior Jesus Christ.  Sometimes, I cant stand church lessons, because they are too canned, they seem to have no feeling behind the teaching.  It seems as if the teacher is just trying to get through the lesson, you know, one step closer home kinda thing....  It was nice for a change to have a real lesson.  I also got set apart to be an Elder's quorum teacher, hopefully I can bring that kind of lesson to the table.

Monday is NOT actually part of my weekend, but I really need to mention this.  Let's give it honorable mention for the weekend....  Kelly got her celly stolen this weekend.  Funny thing was, there was a satellite phone right next to it.  I don't know about you folks, but if I was that douche bag, I woulda jacked the sat phone.  HELLO!!!!  It's ufckin sat phone!!  Well, I guess you really can't fix stupid....

Will

1 comments:

Kelly said...

HOney,

you are histarical #1. #2 I do get turned on by your gruffy dirtiness after you work on a car, sad that I am thousands of miles away :o( 3rd, thank you so terribly much for fixing my Jeep. I heart you!

oh ps did you get rid of that hidious entertainment center? If not I think you need to go shooting again.

Post a Comment

Comment away.....

About Me

My Photo
Will
I'm Will, I'm me, I live in an average American town, in a modest house. I have an honest job, and I work till the workin's done. I like a lot things, and dislike few. I love my wife.
View my complete profile

Followers

Grab a button

The Man Cave